What We Believe
Statement of Faith and Doctrine
MISSION & VALUES
Central Baptist Church is on a mission to glorify God by joining Him in uniting our city to reach a community. Our desire is to strive to create an environment where people from all walks of life can experience God’s grace and grow in a personal relationship with Him through Biblical teaching, genuine fellowship & love, and committed discipleship.
- We Value: Exalting the Savior.
Psalm 34:1-3; John 12:32
- Modeling Grace: Embracing people where they are.
Luke 15:20m 31-32; John 8:1-11; Romans 15:7; James 2:1
- Living Truth: Conforming our beliefs, attitudes, and actions to the Bible.
John 1:14; Romans 12:1-2; James 1:19-21; 2 Timothy 3:16-17
- Demonstrating Love: Treating others as we would like God to treat us. He loved us yet while we were sinners.
Matthew 7:12; John 13:34-35; 1 Corinthians 13:1-3
- Pursing Growth: Seeking greater personal growth in all situations.
Psalm 119, 1 Corinthians 14:20, Ephesians 4:13-15
- Reproducing Faith: Intentionally passing on our faith to others.
John 20:21, 2 Corinthians 5:20, Matthew 9:37-38; Proverbs 14:25, 2 Timothy 1:8
The Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative written Word of God.
- The only true God, the almighty creator of all things, existing eternally in three persons Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, fully human and fully divine, who lived a perfect life, who took upon Himself the judgment due sinners on the cross, who was bodily raised from the dead, and ascended as Savior and Lord.
- Eternal life, which is a free gift given immediately and permanently to all who, wholly apart from any works put their faith in Jesus Christ alone.
- The Holy Spirit, who indwells each believer at the moment of faith in order to glorify Christ by changing and using us for the building up of the Church.
- The Church, which includes all true believers in Christ, is distinct from Israel, is organized locally and overseen by Christ as the Head of the Church.
- The Future, anticipating the coming of Christ for His church at any moment, followed by the examination of believers for the purpose of rewards, the physical return of Christ to establish His Kingdom on earth, the final judgement of unbelievers, and the creation of a new heaven and new earth all to the eternal glory of God.